The SUNY Council of Library Directors (SCLD) provides vision, leadership and advocacy for SUNY libraries to ensure the highest quality library resources and services for SUNY students, faculty, researchers and staff in support of the intellectual and economic development of New York State.
SCLD’s role is to:
- Plan and adopt collaborative strategies to expand access, strengthen resources and improve services across the University.
- Serve as the chief advocate for and voice of SUNY libraries to University administration and all other agencies that affect library services.
- Provide a forum for communication among chief administrators of the University’s libraries.
- Promote the creative application of innovative technologies and services.
- Enhance the continuing professional development and mentoring of library administrators.