The 2017 SCLD Summer Conference will be held at SUNY Stony Brook from June 12 through 14, which will coincide with SUNYLA in Stony Brook, from June 14 through 16.
UPDATE: Conference registration will cost $150 and will be through SUNY CPD – registration link will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Conference hotel will be:
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
1 Circle Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Reservations Phone: (631) 941-2980
The SCLD room rate is $139/night. The hotel is currently holding 15 rooms at the state rate of $130/night (overnight dates are June 12 & 13). Please reserve by 4/12/2017.
SUNY Stony Brook dorms will also be available for $78.25/night. See SUNYLA 2017 site for details and to register for a dorm room.
Opening of the conference will take place Monday, June 12th, with the SLC Board & Transition team meeting from 4:30-6PM, and dinner for directors, designees and guests beginning at 6:30PM. Final agenda forthcoming.
To sum it all up:
- SCLD Conference to run June 12-14, 2017
- Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook, Stony Brook NY
- Hotel Reservations Phone: (631) 941-2980 and let them know you are with SUNY Council of Library Directors for the group/government rates
- Hotel room reservations should be made by 4/12/2017 (if possible); by May 17th for hotel to honor conference rate
- If staying for SUNYLA June 14-16, you will need to reserve additional nights under SUNYLA
- If preferred, SUNY Stony Brook dorm room reservations can be made through SUNYLA site above
If you don’t wish to drive/fly, you can take the Amtrak to NYC/Penn Station and connect to Long Island RR. Port Jefferson branch trains to Stony Brook run almost hourly, with a trip duration of around 1 hr 45 minutes. See LIRR map for more info.