On December 5, 2013, the SUNY Council of Library Directors will be hosting a Summit meeting focused on clarifying the goals of SUNY Libraries related to the OpenSUNY initiatives, and starting the work toward those goals. A presentation of the current status of OpenSUNY initiatives, and the major goals in the SCLD OpenSUNY Task Force Report (http://tinyurl.com/pllvudn), will kick off the day, after which we will ask each attendee to choose the topics they find most interesting, and discuss, prioritize, and strategize about those goals with other engaged participants.
- When: December 5, 2013, 9:00-3:00. Lunch will be provided.
- Where: The Hilton Albany. A block of rooms has been reserved at the State lodging rate for December 4.
- Cost: Only your travel and lodging expenses; SCLD is covering facilities and food. Parking will be discounted to $7.00 for participants coming for the day, and overnight guests will receive complimentary parking.
- What: Discussion topics will be pulled from the SCLD White Paper on OpenSUNY. SCLD will identify discussion leaders for each topic to facilitate the free-forming groups. Outcome goals include drafting priorities for followup (for SCLD, SUNYLA, for the OLIS, and individual campuses with unique expertise), and potentially successful IITG proposals (http://www.suny.edu/provost/IITG.cfm) to support our work and needs.
- Who: Librarians and library leadership are encouraged to attend, with no more than 3 from each SUNY campus.
- How: As we are trying to get even representation from the many types and sizes of libraries in SUNY, we ask that interested librarians self-identify to their Director, who will register all participants on behalf of the institution. Lodging reservation information will be shared as part of the registration process. (If this registration process will not work for your institution, librarians are asked to please contact Jenica Rogers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on an alternate process!)
To register attendees:
Directors, please fill out this registration form by noon on December 2, 2013.