Thank you for your participation in the Power of Tuesday Webinar Series. Please know that you can access the archived Webinars from the SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA) Website if you would like to view any that you missed. Click on http://www.sunyla.org/Power-of-Tuesday/schedule
Next Steps will include:
• Compiling your responses to the polls and strategic questions. Representatives from the SUNYConnect Advisory Council (SAC), SUNY Librarians Association (SUNYLA) and the SUNY Council of Library Directors (SCLD) under Logan Rath’s (Brockport/SUNYLA Past President) leadership will work with the raw data and create a report for us.
• Planning documents are available on this blog.
• SUNY library directors will meet in Corning on September 29th with a facilitator to establish strategic directions.
• On the 30th the directors will meet with their respective sectors to do more work.
• After that they will return to their constituencies and get feedback and share that feedback with the SCLD Executive Board by November. On this Executive Board there is SAC (Andrew White of Stony Brook/Chair of SAC) and SUNYLA (Angela Weiler of Onondaga Community College/President of SUNYLA) representation.
• Finally, Maryruth Glogowski (Buffalo State College/Chair of SCLD) has volunteered to draft the strategic plan with a group of Readers: Cristina Pope (SUNY Upstate Medical Center/SAC rep) and a person from SUNYLA to be named by August 5th. We will be working closely with Mary Donohue, the SCLD Vice Chair/Chair Elect.
• Polls indicate that library staff would like an update Webinar in December, and that will be scheduled.
• It is expected that The Power of SUNY Libraries will be ready in January.